Friday, June 25, 2010

Wet Canvas challenges.

Yellow Iris
Oils 4 x 6
 
 
 
 
Cardinal with food in oil pastels.
 
 

 Waterfall, somewhere SE of Mt. St. Helens, Washington
 


 
Iceberg
 
 
 
 Turner OK
 
 
Fall Trees
 
 
 
 
Bananas in Soft Pastels
 
 
 
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
 
 
 
Sossussvlei, Namibia
 
 
 
By the lake, Maine

 
 
Smokey Mountains
 
 
 
 
Alaskan Landscapes
 


 
 
Waimanalo Beach
 
 
 
Boot and Spur
 
 
 
Complemeantary Colors / Soft Pastel exercise
 
 
 
May Landscape - New York
 


Miniature Western Art
 
 
 
South West Swap
 
 
 


Mixed Media Kids Western Boots!



Cameron Falls, by the townsite.




Yosemite
It was very interesting to work from a painting reference and not a photo.




Bahia of Juan Griego


The Famous Angel Falls in Venezuela



South Australia Photo courtesy of Meggs





Pears in Pastel





Yellow Stone Photo reference by Ann Garlough




English Lake District - Buttermere


 





This month I did a sky study.  I really love painting skies.  They are so dreammy!  And I just love the way the brush caresses the canvas.




So far I have worked on two painting.  I am learning to paint much faster, using knifes and other techniques. 




I have had a difficult month of November with many personal things going on,  but I managed to work on one painting.  personally is not my favorite,  but my family likes it!  So I thought I still would share.




New work for October!

I have been so busy these last few months,  too much going on and less time to paint.  That is a bummer .... However I managed to complete some challenges for the pastels and southwestern forums, as well as one landscape challenge.  This last one was a teaching tool , as I did my first wet on wet technique. 

Oil on Canvas
Pastel on Vellum

Pastel on Vellum

Oils wet on wet technique.

What a hot month it has been this August in Texas!.  We are spending much time indoors until a cold front comes through,  so I have been able to spend much time painting. This month on the wet canvas pastel challenge we are focusing on focus. I believe many of us we get comfortable with our abilities we start to forget all those basic rules of design. I really love this challenge, what a great lesson!



I also worked on this bull in oils.  Had A lot of fun painting the shirws in the hair!



This month on the challenges I worked on this pastel piece. I took an image and cropped and flip it it my computer to change the composition. I worked on it a little quickly, but I do like the painterly, sort of impressionist style I ended with.





I really enjoy participating in the wet canvas challenges. Every month a new one is posted.
I specially like to keep up with the soft pastels challenge, as it is the new medium I have been trying to master.

 


 My better works this month were a door in pastels above.





And a rooster in oils. 

 
Eagle
 
 
Curious Horse!
 
 
 
A wooden tray


 
Boot and Spur
 
 
Santa Ana in Pastels

 
2 inches Tomatoes
 
 

 

 
 
Spring Texas
 
 
Roy's Photo in limited palette.
 
 
 
Oil pastel ladybug